Throw pillows can turn a customer’s bedroom into the perfect oasis for relaxing - they are comfortable, luxurious, and stylish. While we know about the importance of choosing the right pillow stuffing, it’s also important that we look at the fabrics that are used for throw pillow covers.
Below, we look at how different fabrics such as leather, velvet, and chenille will play a part in a customer’s purchasing decision when buying throw pillows for a bed.
Decorative Throw Pillows: Why Customers Value Style and Substance
While substance and function will always be important for home décor items, so is style. A customer wants their bedroom to reflect the overall vibe of their home, their personality, and let’s face it - their Pinterest boards. That’s why retail stores need to make sure that their wholesale throw pillows and decorative cushions selection offers customers a ton of variety.
As a retailer, you’ll be aware that the staging of bedding in-store and online can made a big impact on a customer’s purchasing decision. Placing a mirrored tray with candles and a luxurious wool blanket on a Down comforter set can help customers visualize the comfort these items will bring to their home. The same applies to throw pillows.
Decorative throw pillows in various patterns and textures allow customers to envision the finishing touches they need to turn their bedroom into the space of their dreams. Whether it is a tasselled cushion to achieve that iconic boho aesthetic or a fur throw pillow to live their #1 cozy life.
Now that you understand why style is a major factor when buying throw pillows for beds, let’s look at which fabrics are the most popular.
Fabric Matters: Which Throw Pillow Covers are Your Customers Most Excited to Buy?
Throw pillow covers come in just about any fabric. However, there are several fabrics that customers reach for time and again due to their durability, quality, and visually pleasing aesthetic. Fabrics such as cotton, linen, velvet, faux leather, and chenille all make great impacts as decorative and lounging accessories.
Let’s have a look at these fabrics in more detail below.
- Chenille - This textured fabric has been used in home décor for decades and that won’t be changing anytime soon. There are multiple reasons that customers reach for chenille throw pillows; its next-level softness, its beauty, and how versatile it is. Not to mention the fact that this fabric is extremely durable and can be easily maintained. Chenille throw pillow covers can be washed on a delicate machine wash cycle or wiped with a damp cloth. This fabric is very popular among customers is often used in both bedrooms and living rooms.
- Velvet - Velvet throw pillows for beds are perfect for adding extra warmth to a space. Many customers like to mix up their bedroom’s décor as the season changes and nothing says winter more than the comfort of velvet.
- Faux Leather - Faux leather throw pillows are becoming more popular with customers daily. Made using polyester fabric, this fabric achieves the aesthetic and texture of leather while being sustainable. Adding faux leather throw pillows introduces a level of sophistication and maturity that many customers seek.
- Linen - Linen is an ideal fabric for throw pillow covers. The fibres are typically blended with either polyester or cotton giving it extra durability. The lightweight nature of this fabric allows customers to achieve breezy, beachy vibes.
- Cotton - Cotton is the ideal fabric for wholesale throw pillows, especially when they are intended for the bedroom. These are perfect for those customers that are looking to add bright or neutral colour palettes to their beds in easy-to-clean and durable fabrics.
Each customer’s style is different and while trends will heavily influence the products that you stock in-store, you should keep fabric preference in mind too.
Browse Westex’s Collection of Wholesale Throw Pillows
At Westex, our wholesale throw pillow collection features a variety of styles both in pattern and design. Our recent Spring/Summer collection saw us adding bright florals and mid-century decorative cushions that are perfect for any room in your customer’s home.If you’re interested in hearing more about how to partner with us, contact us today!
Back to Sleep Solutions Corner